Sunday 13 July 2008

Welcome to WhereInWoW.com

My reason for starting this blog is because for some reason I kept thinking it would be a good idea. As if WoW wasn't already a huge time sink, I'm now going to write about it too! I'm not going to pretend this content will be hugely useful to anyone or even vaguely entertaining but I've not let that stop me in any other part of my life so why start now. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to look back on my musing with fond memories of the time I've wasted, sorry enjoyed in Azeroth.

So who am I?

OK the real life stuff first. I'm a 35 year old gamer from the UK who is married with two fantastic kids; Milly who's five and Finley who's three. Sarah my wife is incredibly tolerant of my WoW habit allowing me to play pretty much every evening, however the need to go AFK at any time means raiding is out of the question and instances are few and far between. The day job that gets in the way involves software development and beyond playing video games my other hobby is motorbikes. After some reasonable success racing at national level I've "retired" back to the odd trackday due to family and broken bones not mixing too well.

In WoW my main is Daxaar, a 70 Gnome Mage on the Quel'Thalas realm. I'm a bit of an altaholic and have pretty much one of every class (except Warlock) at some level (all on QT). For want of a better description my "main alt" is Nefaros, a Dwarf Warrior currently at 54 and pushing through the painful 50+ grind to 58 whereupon I'll be jumping through that portal with certain haste!

With a bit of luck I'll be back soon to muse about all huge fireballs and dual wield joy.

No comments: