Tuesday 15 July 2008

Time to fly, quickly

I've made the decision to cough up the 5000g for the Epic flyer. The problem is I haven't got 5000g!

Let me explain. Once I hit 70 and got my Gryphon flying mount I remember thinking how utterly cool it was but how frustrating it was that I would never experience epic flight. 5000g at that point in time seemed like such a well, epic amount of gold. I saw no way of raising that sort of cash without spending a significant amount more time in the game or using a gold seller and neither of those were an option as my wife would have something to say about the first and I despise the latter. That was until I started doing the Sunwell dailies.

Daxaar is my first character to hit 70 so when the XP bar finally disappeared it opened up a whole new world. I started doing the dailies immediately without any specific objective for spending my hard earned gold. Approximately one month later, I've done the dailies every day since which has resulted in a bank balance of just below 4000g.

About a week ago the idea suddenly entered my head that I may aswell go for the epic flyer. Sure 5000g + the mount cost could buy a whole lot of great gear, including the Spellstrike pants but I've decided epic flight is more for me, especially having just built my Flying Machine Control. I'll probably take out a "loan" with Nefaros for some of his 600g and I've already started selling some of the mats gathering dust in the bank. The ones that you hold onto thinking I may need them one day but almost certainly never will.

The big question is will I be patient enough to wait until I've collected the mats for my Turbo Charged Flying Mount or will I just blow gold on an epic Gryphon to tide me over? Thinking about it, it's almost certainly going to be the latter. The problem is I need 375 engineering to make the epic flyer for which I'm going to need a "Sin-Dorei boat load" of Khorium to reach from my current level 359. Even with Cartographer and Gathermate helping me out I'm struggling to find enough Khorium nodes whilst farming to bring it in on time.

I'll keep you updated on the bank balance and search for Khorium!

No comments: