Tuesday 15 July 2008

Those magnificent Gnomes in their Flying Machines


I picked up the schematic for one of these pretty much as soon as I hit 350 engineering. However, it all went wrong when I realised I needed four Elemental Seaforium Charges. The mats for these are easily obtained but the schematic is BoP and requires revered with the Consortium and I'm neutral! Having completed nearly all zone quests up to Nagrand I completely missed the Netherstorm quests before hitting 70. Now I know I can still do those quests and bring in gold instead of XP but it just seemed like an inefficient use of my time so decided the flying machine was never meant to be.

However, as I mentioned in a previous post I joined the Trotters Traders Ltd guild recently and so decided to see if anyone had the schematic as the crafted charges just require 350 engineering IIRC. A quick message to guild chat got me several positive responses and so Abban was the kind recipient of my mats and a few hours later I'm airborne in what is IMO the coolest "gadget" in the game. I also think this thing should be reserved for Gnomes only as the quirky animations have Gnomish Engineering written all over them. J

No comments: