Thursday 31 July 2008

Saddled Up Duo

I've not written much about Zuukar (Human Priest) or Brahmin (Night Elf Druid) on here so I thought is was about time I rectified that.

I'm a casual player anyway but both Zuukar and Brahmin have always been my "ubber casual" characters. It's not been unusual for these two to go unlogged for weeks at a time. However, I've recently been playing these two more as a dual-boxing duo with Zuukar on follow healing Brahmin who's heading down the Feral tree. I'm not going to say they're invincible but a dps/tanking druid with their own personal healer on follow is quite an awesome combination. As long as the mobs can be rounded up sufficiently i.e no more than one caster, it's not been uncommon for Brahmin in bear form to go into a fight with four mobs of equal level at a time. I run two copies of WoW on the same machine in windowed mode so I tab between the two primarily using Swipe on Brahmin and keeping up the heals and SW:P with Zuukar. I use Healbot on Zuukar which is great for applying quick heals to a target without switching from your current target. Up until I started using it I had several macros that spoecifically targeted Brahmin, fine but not very flexible.

Over the last few weeks they've gone from level 22 to 31 travelling together through Redridge Mountains, Duskwood and we're now into Southshore and Hillsbrad Foothills. And of course with patch 2.4.3 dropping they've both picked up their mounts at 30...thank you Blizzard!

I haven't decided yet whether to head over to Dustwallow Marsh for its new(ish) quest hub as I've done that twice already on Daxaar and Nefaros so I've seen it all but mainly because without the joys of teleportation that I enjoyed with Daxaar I find the trek to the trainers and the AH a bit of a PITA. I may try a different leveling process consisting mostly of Eastern Kingdoms.







No comments: