Thursday 31 July 2008

It's not real money

Gold!  I've been making a fair bit of it recently by farming and of course with the dailies.  However, even though the gold is flowing considerably easier than it did before I hit 70, I still find myself treating it like real money.  By this I mean the effort expended in acquiring the gold is fairly significant and therefore I find myself stockpiling "for a rainy day" (is this a UK only term?) and not wanting to waste it.  I think this is a strange way of thinking as given that this is only a game surely we should treat it in entirely the opposite way to real life.  By that I mean if I want something shouldn't I just buy it?

If you ever needed proof that YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY GOLD and in my quest to rid the world of gold farmers (albeit a fairly passive quest). Just 10 days after clearing myself out for epic flight I had almost 2000g in the bank just from dailies!

No comments: